back to project list |
Full Name:Semicoductor Microcavity Light Emitters
Duration: 1/1/97-31/8/2000 (Finished)
- Trinity College Dublin
- Ecole Polytechnique de Lausanne
- Tampere University of Technology
- Ecole Polytechnique de Paris
- University of Glasgow
- MITEL Semiconductors
- To push the known technology in planar microcavity LEDs (MCLEDs) towards industrial exploitationto further develop and improve the successful InGaAs/GaAs/AlGaAs MCLED developed during (completed) ESPRIT/SMILED-project
- To move beyond the planar microcavity concept to gain control over the laterally guided modes by texturing the planar cavity
- Design and fabrication of 1.3 m m bottom emitting InGaAsP/InP MC LEDs.
- Further optimisation of bottom emitting 980 nm InGaAs/GaAs microcavity LEDs in order to improve quantum efficiency using photon recycling) and to engineer directionality,spectral bandwidth and speed/bandwidth.
- Design and fabrication of 850 nm top emitting MCLEDs
Back to project list